We are developing a new National Rehabilitative service in Mental Health and are inviting applications for the position of a Clinical Nurse Manager 2 for a permanent full-time role to support the leadership and development of our healthcare team in our Specialised Mental Health Rehabilitation Programme.
The Clinical Nurse Manager 2 role will be to support the leadership and development of the healthcare team to support the Specialised Mental Health Rehabilitation Programme.
The Specialised Mental Health Rehabilitation Programme at Bloomfield Mental Health Service is a person centred service designed to assist individuals with severe and enduring mental illness and complex needs who have had prolonged episodes of severe and enduring mental illness to recover and to regain the skills and confidence required to live an independent life. The programme approach is aimed to meet the needs of a small but significant number of individuals who attend mental health services. It is estimated as many as 10% of people entering mental health services will have complex needs that require rehabilitation and support over many years. The service is funded by the HSE and takes referrals through the HSE from all over Ireland.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Clinical Nurse Manager to play an integral and active role in a committed Multidisciplinary Team to make a significant contribution in the development and management of mental health rehabilitation.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and energetic individual with experience of working at a Clinical Nurse Manager level in mental health and will have an in-depth knowledge of the Mental Health Commission requirements, leadership and governance with evidence of continuing professional development.
The Clinical Nurse Manager 2 will support the leadership and development of a healthcare team to work with residents with severe and enduring mental illness and complex needs who have had prolonged episodes of severe and enduring mental illness to recover and to regain the skills and confidence required to live an independent life.
The Clinical Nurse Manager 2 will provide expertise in the provision of a psychosocial holistic assessment to include person's social, physical, spiritual, vocational, recreational and cultural environment. He/she will utilise appropriate clinical interventions as well as providing support and advice to patients and families/carers.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Support the strategic and operational development, co-ordination and management of the Specialised Mental Health Rehabilitation programme in accordance with national and regulatory standards and with regard to best practice.
• Key responsibility areas will include: Professional/Clinical, Management, Health & Safety, Education and Training.
• Manage patient care to ensure the highest professional standards using an evidencebased, care planning approach.
• E nsure that patients/residents and others are treated with dignity and respect and encourage patients/residents to be as independent as possible in the activities of daily living.
• Support the delivery of strategic and operational change programmes in the healthcare service.
• Ensure that all practices, procedures and policies conform to the service and strategic plans of the organisation.
• Provide safe, comprehensive nursing care to patients/residents within the guidelines laid out by An Bord Altranais.
• Provide a high level of professional and clinical leadership and ensure that the nursing and healthcare service provision is delivered to the highest standard of treatment, care and that safety is maintained.
• Ensure the highest standard of compliance with regulatory programme including Clinical Governance, Health & Safety and Risk Management standards.
• Responsibility for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, delivery and review of patient/resident care by all staff in their designated area.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, and to participate in teams/meetings/ committees as appropriate, communicating and working in co-operation with other team members.
• Co-ordinate all activities with the Centre's Medical Staff in respect of doctors' visits to include all follow-up action required.
• Collaborate with patients/residents, family, carers and other staff in treatment/care planning and in the provision of support and advice.
• C ommunicate verbally and/or in writing results of assessments, treatment/care programmes and recommendations to the team and relevant others in accordance with service policy
• Plan discharge or transfer of the patient/resident between services as appropriate.
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
• A Registered Psychiatric Nurse (with An Bord Altranais or with eligibility to register). Possess 5 years post registration nursing experience consisting of at least 2 years' experience working in adult mental health services/rehabilitation mental services services/community based mental health services.
• Have established clinical experience in the area of mental health rehabilitation and serious and enduring mental health conditions.
• Possess the requisite knowledge and ability including a high standard of suitability and clinical, managerial and administrative competencies.
• Experience in managing staff, budgets and workforce planning.
• Possess an in-depth knowledge of the Mental Health Commission requirements, leadership and governance
• Energetic individual with solid clinical experience in working with a team of diverse clinicians and strong knowledge of the concepts and operation of Clinical Governance.
• Strong ability to lead, teach, manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of students and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
• Have a good knowledge and experience of health, safety and other statutory regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
• Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
Bloomfield Health Services offers a competitive package and the salary will be aligned to the HSE Consolidated Pay Scale for Clinical Nurse Manager 2.
Our benefits include:
• Family friendly working arrangements
• Fixed roster patterns
• Generous healthcare staff shift premiums (25% night duty, double time Sundays and bank holidays)
• Contributory pension
• Career development
• Comprehensive training programmes
• Further education supports
• On-site library and research facility
• Bloom Together employee well-being programme
• Employee assistance programme
• Free onsite staff parking
• Subsidised restaurant
• Cycle to work scheme
• Tax saver commuter tickets