27 th June 2016
Dear Colleagues, these arrangements should not be undermined.
Following a meeting with the Management Negotiating Team this a.m. please note as follows:
The planned Work to Rule will proceed on Wednesday morning and will continue until further notice.
Management have been formally notified of the content of Phase 1.
Phase 2 will be implemented early next week if our concerns are not adequately addressed.
Phase 3, including a ban on overtime, will follow a few days later. Management have been notified of the imminence of the Overtime Ban because it is likely to have effects even greater than a strike.
While some progress has been recorded at the talks with Management there remain huge gaps between the Parties.
We understand the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) have been asked to intervene. We have no objection to this.
In the meantime, please note the following clarifications in relation to our Work to Rule:
There is no ban on staff attending or participating in PMVA/TMV training.
The ADON on call should continue to use their On-Call Mobile Phone. Otherwise ADONs are included in the instructions issued.
Where arrangements exist for the protection of Lone Workers this should continue. Lone Workers operating a Buddy System should continue to operate same for their own safety.
In conclusion I should record that the negotiations have been carried out in a cordial atmosphere reflective of the understanding of all parties that the nursing shortage is of critical concern to all parties.
Mr. Des Kavanagh
Industrial Action Phase 1
- Do not attend in service training (non-mandatory), However continue to attend and facilitate mandatory training.
- No volunteerism re providing training for other health care workers
- Do not send faxes
- Do not order Taxis
- Do not Fill stats forms
- Do not sort charts at clinics etc.
- Do not answer phones inclusive of work mobile, leave voicemail on phone with number of Centre you work in and contact centre over the day for messages. Where arrangements exist for the protection of Lone Workers this should continue. Lone Workers operating a Buddy System should continue to operate same for their own safety.
- Don't Fill in forms for medical cards, bus passes etc.
- Do not take minutes at MDT Meetings.
- Non availability to facilitate Groups outside of rostered hours.
- Do not Escort patients to tribunals which are held outside of the approved centre.
- Do not collect charts, bring bloods to Lab etc.
- Do not open and close buildings (set alarms).