NEWSFLASH NO. 26
10 February 2015
CAMPAIGN OF OPPOSITION TO NMBI FEE INCREASE
NMBI BOARD TO MEET, AFTER 15 WORKING DAYS, TO CONSIDER PROPOSAL TO AMEND THE FEE
As promised we now wish to provide you with a further update, in relation to the ongoing campaign, and, specifically, the outcome of the special NMBI Board meeting held yesterday (Monday, 9 th February 2015).
We were contacted this morning and advised that the NMBI Board, at its meeting yesterday, determined the following:
1. The Board agreed that it would meet again, after 15 working days and as provided for in its standing orders, to consider a proposal to amend its fee:
• That meeting is expected to take place in the first week of March.
2. No notice (second reminder) will issue to any registrants before the Board meets and considers the matter further.
3. The Board will be seeking the immediate recommencement of discussions, on this matter, before this special Board meeting.
Our three unions, in response to the NMBI Board's decision, reaffirms the following:
• we welcome the Board's decision to meet to consider amending the fee;
• we also welcome the decision not to issue any second renewal notice which would only be viewed as provocative at this time; and
• no further discussions can take place, on this matter, until the NMBI restores the €100 retention fee.
The requirement that the €100 fee be restored, to facilitate any further discussions, is clearly supported by the tens of thousands of our members who are supporting the campaign. We thank all members for the tremendous show of solidarity on this issue.
In the context of these developments, and our collective, strong and united stance on this issue, the message to all members continues to be:
SUPPORT THE CAMPAIGN
PAY €100 WHEN YOU CAN SUBMITTING YOUR PIN NUMBER WITH PAYMENT
We will advise you, immediately, of any further developments on this issue.