A Career Break may be granted to permanent employees for the following reasons:

- Domestic purposes

- Educational purposes

- Travel Abroad

A career break is for a minimum of 1 year. Staff granted Career Breaks can be replaced in a permanent capacity.

There is also a facility to grant Special Leave without pay in accordance with Circular 10/71. This leave is generally for domestic purposes and is of a more short-term nature.

The maximum limit for special leave without pay is 5 years and can be made up of leave under the Career break scheme, leave under Circular 10/71 or leave with nominal pay.

Upcoming events

There are no up-coming events