NEWSFLASH NO. 6
FOR THE ATTENTION OF ALL MEMBERS
Friday, 7th November 2014
Re: Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) - 2015 Retention Fee
• Do not feel pressurised by the renewal notice you have just received from NMBI. You have up to 30 th May 2015 to make your payment under the 2014 regulations issued by NMBI.
• Our three unions are supporting nurses and midwives in refusing to pay the 50% increase imposed by NMBI.
• Your employer (HSE) cannot thereafter discipline, or require proof of payment, until after 30 th May 2015.
• Join the protest outside NMBI Office on Carysfort Avenue, Blackrock at 12.00 noon on Tuesday, 18 th November and show the Board your opposition to this excessive and unjustified increase.
• Our unions are seeking a cap on the fee of €100 per annum under the Haddington Road agreement. This is in line with other allied health professionals.
• Join those who have cancelled their direct debit to NMBI if you have not already done so.
No state organisation is entitled to increase its income by 50% from a single source. NMBI is seeking to do just that at the expense of hard pressed nurses and midwives who have endured staffing and pay cuts.
This campaign of opposition can and will work with your resistance and support.
HOLD TIGHT, DO NOT PAY AND COME OUT ON THE DAY,
TUESDAY, 18 NOVEMBER @ 12.00 NOON
Buses available - Contact your local Union Rep.