NEWSFLASH NO. 12
Friday, 28th November 2014
CAMPAIGN OF OPPOSITION TO NMBI FEE INCREASE
FURTHER ADVICE REGARDING PAYMENT OF FEE
As a further update in relation to our ongoing campaign, of opposition to the increase in retention fee by NMBI, please note the following:
1. For those who have not yet cancelled their direct debits, to NMBI, please note our three unions have the full bank details for NMBI. Therefore:
- if any member has any difficulty, regarding cancelling their direct debit, they should contact their union immediately; and
2. In its most recent correspondence to us, which, regrettably, was again negative and threatening in tone, NMBI has confirmed that a reminder will issue, around 2nd February 2015, allowing a further 28 days, for payment of the fee, before it goes before any board meeting.
This is confirmation that there is no requirement to pay any fee, in full, by 1st January 2015.
3. We therefore reiterate our call that members should pay the retention fee, of €100, after 5th January 2015.
4. We are currently finalising further steps in this campaign which we will advise you of next week i.e. badges/social media initiative.
CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - SUPPORT IS STRONG
CHECK FOR FURTHER UPDATES