NEWSFLASH NO. 13
Friday, 5 th December 2014
CAMPAIGN OF OPPOSITION TO NMBI FEE INCREASE
FURTHER ADVICE REGARDING PAYMENT OF FEE
Following on from previous updates, and on behalf of our three unions, we wish to bring the following to your attention;
1. Members are again reminded, if they have not already done so, to immediately cancel any direct debit they have with NMBI;
2. Only after 05 th January 2015 members should make a payment of €100 to NMBI - members, due to personal circumstance, may wish to wait, until later in January / early February, to make this payment and that is perfectly fine;
3. When making this €100 payment, after 05 th January, it should be made through one of the following methods;
• By Cheque; or Postal Order; or Credit Transfer
In relation to payment via credit transfer members should contact their union for the bank account details of NMBI required to organise the €100 payment.
Also when making the payment of €100, regardless of which of the three methods used, members should quote their unique NMBI Pin Number and maintain a record of payment.
4. On Wednesday, 17 th December, the campaign will see a Workplace Social Media Event which will allow members, in all workplaces across the country, demonstrate their commitment to, and participation in, the campaign.
• Further details of how each workplace can be involved, in this social media event, will be sent directly to local representatives in the next few days.
5. Over the New Year badges will be sent, again to all workplaces, to allow members display same confirming that they are registered, have paid their €100 and are participating in this campaign.
• This will allow members show mutual solidarity and provide for a visible expression of participation in the campaign.
CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - STAY UNITED - SUPPORT IS STRONG